It is the time of year when all the kids are getting ready to head back to school. If you are looking for a fun way to get rid of the back to school jitters these free back to school coloring pages are perfect. These free coloring pages for back to school are the perfect way to start the school year having fun.
Back to School Coloring Pages For Kids
When the start of a new school year is upon us I like to make things fun for the kids. I want to get all their school supplies ready and then find fun things for them to do.
I have a range of kids of different ages from younger children to older kids in my house and every single one of them loves to color. While you might not be thinking of giving older kids coloring pages all of mine always have
I start planning our school stuff in August since we homeschool and then by September we are planned and ready to go. Of course, i do not want the start of school to be boring so i always make our first day have a fun activity.
If you are a teacher these back to school coloring sheets are a great way to make the start of school fun.
These back-to-school coloring pages are a blast for kids of all ages! From toddlers and kindergarten cuties to cool high schoolers, everyone will enjoy these fun coloring pages.
Back To School Activities for Kids
How to Use Free Printable Back to School Coloring Pages in Homeschool Lesson Plans
While back to school printables are fun for all ages, these pages can be used as part of a homeschool lesson. It is great for younger kids like preschoolers, kindergartners, and early elementary. Big kids will just love coloring them, which can be fun when they finish their work early on the first day of school.
Other ways to use a back to school themed coloring page in a home school lesson for younger kids:
- Introduction to School: Start the school year with excitement by letting kids color pictures of school-related items like pencils, books, and a school building. Discuss each item as they color.
- Shape Exploration: Select pages with shapes like circles, squares, and triangles. As kids color, talk about each shape’s characteristics and encourage them to find similar shapes around them.
- Math Magic: Pick something on the page and count how many there are of them.
- Color Learning: Choose pages with various objects and colors. Help kids identify and color objects in specific colors, reinforcing color recognition.
- Storytime Scenes: Opt for coloring scenes that tell a story, like kids in a classroom or on a school bus. After coloring, encourage kids to make up stories based on the pictures.
- Creative Writing Prompts: Use coloring pages as prompts for creative writing exercises. Kids can color a picture and then write a short story or description about it.
The Benefits of Coloring
Coloring offers a range of benefits for kids and even adults. It isn’t just for homeschoolers. Here’s why it’s so awesome:
- Creativity Boost: Coloring lets you pick colors and create your own world on paper. It’s like making art!
- Relaxation: Coloring can be calming and reduce stress. It’s a great way to unwind.
- Focus and Concentration: Staying inside the lines and choosing colors requires focus, helping improve concentration skills.
- Motor Skills: Holding and controlling crayons or markers hones fine motor skills, important for writing.
- Color Awareness: Coloring helps you learn about colors and how they work together.
- Self-Expression: It’s a way to show your feelings and thoughts through colors and images.
- Language Development: Talking about what you’re coloring improves vocabulary and communication.
- Therapeutic: Coloring can be therapeutic, aiding emotional well-being.
- Learning Fun: Coloring pages can teach numbers, letters, shapes, and more in an enjoyable way.
- Bonding: Coloring together is a great family or group activity, promoting togetherness.
How to Get These Free Printable Coloring Pages
These cute coloring pages are a free download.
Fill out the form below and then you will get an email with the back to school coloring pages printable in it in pdf format. Then you will be able to download the pdf files for the worksheets.
Once you have downloaded the free coloring pages, it will be saved to your computer. You will be able to print the word search over and over again, as many times as you like, as long as it is for personal use.
These free coloring sheets are free to use in classrooms, summer school, summer camps, daycare, homeschool, or other fun events. It is allowed for personal use, but no permission is given for commercial use and it is not allowed to be sold, under any circumstances.