Like everything that is fun, when it comes to having an elf there are rules that must be followed. Of course with kids, they tend to forget the rules at times so not only do we have the rules for Elf on the Shelf but also a printable too! This Elf on the Shelf rules printable make everything easier for kids to remember the rules.
What is Elf on the Shelf?
Year after year, children and adults alike are baffled by the mystery of how Santa really knows who’s been naughty or nice. After much urging by the elves and Mrs. Claus, Santa has allowed his biggest secret to be revealed in The Elf on the Shelf: A Christmas Tradition. At the start of each Christmas season, the elf appears to serve as Santa’s eyes and ears, traveling back to the North Pole each and every night to make a detailed report of the day’s activities. Children can register their elf online to receive an official adoption certificate and a special letter from Santa.
Elf on the Shelf Printables
- Elf on the Shelf Tic Tac Toe
- Elf on the Shelf BINGO Game
- Elf Kissing Booth Printable Prop
- Elf Pizza Shop Printable
- Elf Cookie Shop Prop Printable
- How to Name your Elf on the Shelf + FREE Printable Elf Name list
Are there Elf on the Shelf Rules?
Yes! There are a few very important rules for having an Elf on the Shelf in your house. If you have an Elf in your house already then you know how much fun they are to have. If you are just getting started with having an Elf then you are about to go on seriously the best adventure ever with your kids. And in either of the options, you might just need to make sure everyone in the house knows what the Elf on the Shelf Rules are.
To make things easier for everyone in the house to remember them, I have also made an Elf on the Shelf rules printable. You can print it out and hang it anywhere in the house so the kids don’t forget the rules.
Elf on the Shelf Rules
- No touching the Elf. It is a very important instruction from Santa that no one is to touch the elf. He will lose his magic for a short time if it happens.
- Elf on the Shelf can not talk. Elves are good listeners but they are not allowed to talk. Elves can write letters back to kids, so if the kids want to write a letter they can and sometimes the Elf will write letters back.
- Elf can not move during the day. Elves are only allowed to move at night when all the kids are in bed and sleeping.
- The Elf MUST go back to the North Pole each night. Each night kids must go to bed early enough that the Elf can fly home to the North Pole and report back to Santa.
- The Elf can bring letters back to Santa. If the kids want to write a letter to Santa and give it to their Elf to bring back to the North Pole they can.
- Be Kind. Elves don’t like to hear anything unkind, so do your best to be kind all the time and around your elf.
Can an Adult touch the Elf?
Only in extreme circumstances can an adult touch the elf. For example, if the Elf falls on the floor and that put the elf in danger of a dog or cat getting it then yes an adult can touch the elf. However, the adult must use a kitchen mitt, a glove, or tongs to pick up the elf.
Get the Elf on the Shelf Rules Printable
Fill out the form below and you will get the rules printable sent right to your e-mail inbox!