Are you looking for some exciting and engaging games for your kids to play on the trampoline? Trampolines are an excellent way to get kids moving and provide hours of fun, but sometimes just jumping up and down can get a little repetitive. That’s why we’ve put together a list of the best trampoline games for kids that will have them bouncing with excitement! The kids are going to love these fun trampoline games when they are playing outside this summer.
Trampoline Games for Kids
Having a trampoline in the yard is something kids all love. However, there is so much more that kids can do on a trampoline than just jumping. These trampoline games are great for older kids and younger kids so there is fun for everyone. If you have a group of kids many of these games can be played with a group that has all different ages and everyone will still have a good time.
Trampolines are a great source of fun and exercise for kids, and there are plenty of games that can be played on them. In this blog post, we’ll go over some of the best trampoline games for kids to play and the rules so you can tell the kids how to play the games.
These fun games will keep kids having fun and outside in the fresh air which is great for kids to do. If it is a hot summer day be sure that you are having the kids drink enough water while they are having fun while playing these trampoline games. We have included games for kids of all ages so that the whole family can have fun playing outside together.
Playing on a trampoline is a great way for kids to get exercise and have fun at the same time. However, safety should always be a top priority. Make sure the trampoline is set up properly, supervise kids while they’re jumping, and set rules for safe trampoline use. With these precautions in place, trampoline games can provide hours of entertainment for kids of all ages.
Tips For keeping kids safe when they are jumping on a Trampoline
Trampolines can be a lot of fun for kids, however, it is important that everyone is also safe and knows about trampoline safety while they are jumping on the trampoline and playing games.
- Supervise. Always have an adult present to supervise and enforce safety rules.
- No somersaults for young children. Discourage somersaults and flips, especially for young children, as they can result in serious injuries.
- Install safety netting. A safety net or trampoline enclosure is a must to have around the trampoline that can help prevent falls off the edge of the trampoline.
- Use a padded cover. A padded cover over the springs and frame can reduce the risk of injuries from falls.
- Keep the trampoline on level ground. Make sure the trampoline is on level ground and away from any obstacles like trees or power lines.
- Keep the area clear. Ensure that the area around the trampoline is clear of any sharp objects or hazards.
- Follow weight limits. Make sure to follow the weight limits specified by the manufacturer to avoid overloading the trampoline.
- Teach safe jumping. Teach kids to jump in the center of the trampoline and not to jump too high, as this can result in injury.
- Regular maintenance. Regularly inspect the trampoline for damage and replace any worn or damaged parts immediately.
What is the best type of trampoline to have for kids?
I suggest having a rectangular trampoline for kids as it gives them more room to play than a circular trampoline. The trampoline should be appropriately sized for the age and size of the kids who will be using it. Look for a trampoline made from high-quality materials that can withstand regular use and exposure to the elements.
Benefits of Trampoline Play
Trampoline play offers a wide range of physical and mental benefits for children, including:
- Improved cardiovascular health. Jumping on a trampoline is a fun and effective way to increase heart rate, improve blood circulation, and boost cardiovascular health.
- Increased strength and flexibility. Trampoline play engages the muscles in the legs, core, and arms, which can improve strength, flexibility, and overall physical fitness.
- Improved coordination and balance. Trampoline play requires coordination and balance to stay upright and execute movements, which can help improve these skills over time.
- Boosted mood and mental health. Trampoline play releases endorphins, which can improve mood and reduce stress and anxiety.
- Enhanced sensory integration. Trampoline play can help improve sensory integration by stimulating the body’s senses and promoting brain development.
- Increased social skills. Trampoline play can help children develop social skills by encouraging communication, teamwork, and cooperation with other children.
The best Trampoline Games for Kids to play
Playing Simon Says on a trampoline is a great way to promote listening skills, balance, and coordination, all while having fun and getting exercise. Simon Says is a classic children’s game that can be played with a group of friends or family members.
How to Play Simon Says on the Trampoline
- Choose one player to be “Simon.” Simon stands on the trampoline and gives commands to the other players.
- The rest of the players must follow Simon’s commands, but only if he or she starts the command with “Simon says.” For example, if Simon says, “Simon says jump in place,” then all players must jump.
- If Simon gives a command without starting with “Simon says,” players who follow the command are out for that round.
- The game continues until there is only one player left.
- To make the game more challenging, Simon can give commands that involve bouncing or other trampoline-specific movements, such as “Simon says bounce on one foot” or “Simon says do a 360-degree spin.”
Trampoline dodgeball is a fun and exciting game that combines the classic game of dodgeball with the added challenge of jumping on a trampoline. For this game you will want a soft light ball like a inflatable beach ball.
How to Play dodgeball on the Trampoline
- Divide players into two teams and have them stand on opposite sides of the trampoline.
- Give each team a soft foam ball or dodgeball to use as the “ball” for the game.
- The object of the game is to eliminate players on the opposing team by hitting them with the ball.
- Players must jump and bounce on the trampoline at all times. They cannot touch the ground outside of the trampoline.
- If a player is hit by the ball, they are out and must leave the trampoline. If a player catches the ball, the thrower is out, and the catcher can bring a teammate back into the game.
- Players can only hold the ball for three seconds before they must pass or throw it to another player on their team.
- The game ends when all players on one team have been eliminated.
Follow the leader
Follow the Leader is a fun game that can be played on a trampoline. This game is a classic game that can be played with a group of two or more players.
How to Play follow the leader on the Trampoline
- Choose one player to be the leader. The leader starts by performing a movement or series of movements on the trampoline.
- The other players must follow the leader and mimic their movements.
- If a player cannot or chooses not to follow the leader’s movements, they are out for that round.
- Once all players have completed the leader’s movements, the next player in the circle becomes the new leader, and the game continues.
- To make the game more challenging, the leader can perform increasingly difficult movements or add in tricks like spins or flips.
- If a player falls or touches the ground outside of the trampoline, they are out for that round.
Tag is a classic game that can be played on a trampoline for an added challenge. The game is a variation of the classic game of tag, but with the added challenge of bouncing on a trampoline.
How to Play tag on the Trampoline
- Choose one player to be “it.” The player who is “it” must tag other players to eliminate them from the game.
- All players must bounce on the trampoline at all times. They cannot touch the ground outside of the trampoline.
- To tag another player, “it” must make physical contact with them. Players can only be tagged if they are within arm’s reach of “it.”
- Once a player is tagged, they are out and must leave the trampoline.
- The game ends when all players have been tagged, or when a designated time limit is reached.
Trampoline hot potato is a fun game that combines the classic game of hot potato with the bouncing excitement of a trampoline. You will need a small ball or a potato to pass around.
How to Play hot potato on the Trampoline
- Players stand in a circle on the trampoline and pass a soft foam ball or other lightweight object around the circle while bouncing.
- The object of the game is to pass the ball quickly and avoid being caught holding it when the music stops.
- Start playing music or singing a song, and have players pass the ball around the circle while bouncing on the trampoline.
- When the music stops, the player holding the ball is out for that round.
- The game continues until there is only one player left, who is declared the winner.
Leapfrog is a classic game that can be adapted for play on a trampoline. This game is great for kids of all ages and a fun twist on the classic game.
How to Play Leapfrog on the Trampoline
- One player starts by kneeling on the trampoline and bending forward with their hands on the mat.
- The other player(s) then jump over the player on all fours, as in the traditional game of leapfrog.
- The player who was jumped over then joins the line of players, and the game continues with the next player kneeling and bending forward.
- Players must bounce gently and be careful not to collide with each other while jumping and leaping.
- The game continues until everyone has had a turn as the “leapfrog” or until players decide to end the game.
Trampoline basketball is a fun game that combines elements of basketball and trampolining. I highly suggest getting a trampoline basketball hoop that attaches to the side of the trampoline.
How to Play basketball on the Trampoline
- Set up a basketball hoop and net at one end of the trampoline.
- Players take turns shooting the basketball into the hoop while bouncing on the trampoline.
- The player who scores a basket gets one point.
- The game can be played with two or more players, and the first player to reach a certain number of points, such as 10 or 15, is the winner.
- Players can also play defense by trying to block or steal the ball from the player shooting.
Trampoline volleyball is a fun game that combines elements of volleyball and trampolining.
How to Play Volleyball on the Trampoline
- Set up a volleyball net at the center of the trampoline, with the top of the net a few feet above the mat.
- Divide players into two teams, with each team on opposite sides of the net.
- The game is played using a standard volleyball, with players bouncing on the trampoline while trying to hit the ball over the net and onto the other team’s side.
- Players must be careful not to hit the ball too hard, as it can go out of bounds or off the trampoline.
- Each team has three hits to return the ball over the net, and the ball can be hit with any part of the body, including hands, arms, feet, and legs.
- If the ball hits the net, it is considered a fault, and the other team gets a point.
- The game can be played to a certain number of points, such as 15 or 25, and the first team to reach the designated number of points is the winner.
Trampoline balance Challenge
The trampoline balance challenge is a fun game that focuses on balance and coordination.
How to Play bounce challenge on the Trampoline
- Set up a series of balance obstacles on the trampoline, such as foam blocks or cones, at different locations.
- Players take turns trying to bounce on the trampoline while completing the balance obstacles without falling off.
- Players can compete against each other for the best time, or they can challenge themselves to complete the course without any mistakes.
- The course can be changed or modified to increase difficulty as players become more advanced.
- Players must be careful not to jump too high or too aggressively, as this can make it difficult to maintain balance and complete the course.
- Players must also be aware of their surroundings and avoid colliding with other players or objects on the trampoline.
Monkey in the Middle
Monkey in the Middle is a fun trampoline game that involves three or more players.
How to Play Monkey in the Middle on the Trampoline
- Two players stand on opposite sides of the trampoline, while the third player jumps in the middle.
- The two players on the sides toss a soft ball or stuffed animal back and forth over the jumper’s head, trying to prevent them from catching it.
- The player in the middle tries to catch the ball before it lands on the trampoline or goes out of bounds.
- If the jumper catches the ball, they switch places with the player who threw the ball that was caught.
- If the ball falls to the trampoline or goes out of bounds, the player who threw the ball that was missed becomes the new jumper in the middle.
- The game continues with players taking turns as the jumper in the middle and trying to catch the ball.
Lava Balls is a fun trampoline game that can be played with three or more players.
How to Play lava balls
- Gather a variety of balls in different sizes and place them on the trampoline.
- Have the kids run around on the trampoline, trying to avoid getting hit by the balls.
- If a ball touches a player, they must get off the trampoline and wait until the next round.
- The game continues until there is only one player left on the trampoline.
- Another variation of the game is to use water balloons instead of balls.
Attack the Castle
Attack the Castle is a fun trampoline game that kids can play with friends. You will need a few kids to play this fun trampoline game for kids.
How to Play attack the castle
- Choose one player to be the “castle guard,” and have them stand in the center of the trampoline. The other players are the “attackers” and must try to tag the guard without being tagged themselves.
- The attackers must jump on the trampoline to move around and avoid the guard’s attempts to tag them. If an attacker is tagged, they must leave the trampoline.
- To make the game more challenging, the guard can hold a soft ball or bean bag and try to hit the attackers with it while they’re jumping.
- The game ends when the guard tags all the attackers or when there’s only one attacker left. The player who remains is declared the winner and becomes the guard for the next round.
Bounce Freeze is a fun and active popular trampoline game that’s perfect for getting kids moving and having fun on the trampoline. To make the game more challenging, you can also add in variations such as having players freeze in a certain pose or only allowing them to jump on one foot.
How to Play bounce freeze on the Trampoline
- Have all players jump on the trampoline together while music plays in the background.
- When the music stops, everyone must freeze in place and stop jumping.
- The last player to freeze or the player who falls down is out of the game for that round.
- Restart the music and continue playing until there’s only one player left. That player is declared the winner.
Mother, May I?
Mother, May I? is a classic children’s game that can be played with a group of friends or family members. The objective of the game is for one player to act as the “Mother” and give commands to the other players to advance towards her.
How to Play Mother May I? on the Trampoline
- Choose one player to be the “Mother” and have the other players line up at a distance from her.
- The Mother takes turns giving commands to the players, such as “take three giant steps forward” or “take two baby steps backward.”
- The other players must ask “Mother, may I?” before taking each step. If they forget to ask or take a step without permission, they must return to the starting line.
- The first player to reach the Mother wins and becomes the new Mother for the next round.
Popcorn Trampoline Game for Kids
Popcorn is a fun and active game that’s perfect for getting kids moving and having fun on the trampoline.
How to Play Popcorn on the Trampoline
- Have all players sit cross-legged sitting position in the middle of the trampoline mat.
- One player is designated as the “popper” and stands up.
- The popper jumps up and down on the trampoline while yelling “popcorn, popcorn, popcorn!”
- When the popper yells “pop!”, all the players must stand up and jump as high as they can.
- The popper tries to tag as many players as possible while they’re jumping.
- Any players who are tagged become poppers and the game continues until there’s only one player left.
Trampoline Hopscotch is a fun twist on the original version of the game hopscotch that can be played with one or more players. The game requires a hopscotch grid to be drawn on the trampoline with sidewalk chalk and a small beanbag or soft bouncy ball.
How to play Hopscotch on the Trampoline
- Draw a hopscotch board on the trampoline with chalk or tape. The grid should consist of a series of squares, usually numbered from one to ten, arranged in a specific pattern. The first square is typically a single square, and the rest of the squares are arranged in pairs.
- Choose a player to go first. The player tosses the small object onto the hopscotch grid, aiming for square one.
- The player then hops on one foot into square one, being careful not to touch the lines or lose their balance. They then hop on one foot into each consecutive square, skipping over the square with the object.
- When the player reaches the end of the grid, they turn around and hop back, picking up the object on the way.
- If the player completes the entire course without making a mistake, they toss the object onto square two and repeat the process.
- If a player loses their balance, touches a line, or steps on a square with the object, they lose their turn, and the next player goes.
- The game continues with each player taking turns until they have completed the entire course.
Musical Bounce is a fun twist on the classic game of musical chairs, and it’s a great way to get kids moving and bouncing on the trampoline. The last player bouncing on the trampoline wins the game. This game can be played with any number of players and can be adjusted to suit different age groups by changing the tempo of the music or the frequency of the stops.
How to play Musical bounce
- Set up the trampoline: Make sure the trampoline is set up in a safe area with plenty of space around it. Turn on some music, and have the kids start bouncing.
- Stop the music: After a minute or so of bouncing, stop the music. The kids must freeze in place or take a seated position on the trampoline.
- Remove a player: Choose one player to leave the trampoline, either by random selection or by using a predetermined method such as drawing straws or playing rock-paper-scissors.
- Resume bouncing: Start the music again, and have the remaining players resume bouncing.
- Repeat: Keep playing in this manner, stopping the music and removing one player each time, until only one player remains on the trampoline.
Trampoline Water Games
Water games on the trampoline are a great way for kids to cool off and have fun during hot summer days. These water games are not only fun, but they also provide a great workout and help keep kids active and engaged during the summer months.
Water games on the trampoline are a great way to stay cool and have fun during those hot summer days. Just be sure to follow safety rules, like not running on a wet trampoline to avoid accidents.
Water Balloon Bounce
Fill water balloons and throw them onto the trampoline. The bouncing and jumping adds an extra challenge to the game and make it even more exciting. Water Balloon Bounce is a great way to stay cool and have fun on the trampoline during those hot summer days. This game can also be played with a bunch of sponges or foam balls for a less messy version.
How to Play Water Balloon Bounce on the Trampoline
- Fill several water balloons with water and place them on the trampoline.
- Have the kids jump around and try to avoid stepping on or popping the water balloons.
- The goal is to keep the balloons intact while bouncing, but it’s almost inevitable that someone will eventually pop one.
- When a balloon does pop, the person responsible must leave the trampoline, and the game continues until only one player is left standing.
A great game that is a twist of the classic tag, that not only is played on the trampoline but also a great game for a hot summer day to cool the kids off.
How to play water tag on the Trampoline
- Fill up water guns or spray bottles and let the kids run around and try to squirt each other with water while bouncing on the trampoline.
- The person who gets the most soaked loses the game.
Water Balloon Toss
Water balloon toss is a classic game that can be played on the trampoline for a fun twist on a summer favorite. To play, you will need a bunch of water balloons and a partner.
How to Play water balloon toss on the Trampoline
- In this game, two players stand on opposite sides of the trampoline and toss a water balloon back and forth to each other.
- With each successful toss, the players take a step backward.
- The game continues until the balloon pops, and the player who was holding the balloon when it popped loses.
Place a sprinkler underneath the trampoline, turn on the water, and let the kids jump and play while getting soaked. You can also use a hose to spray water onto the trampoline while the kids jump.